Sunday, December 9, 2007

confessions of a true shopaholic - vol. 1

My father calls it "the sickness," and he says it's just genetic, but I am a shopaholic. The good thing about it, well, one of the good things about it, is that I know it, and 99% of the time I'm okay with it; I even enjoy it.

I was sitting in the dentist's office, peaceful as could be, not a thought of clothes or items or check-outs or even returns, and this young girl walked in. Well, she has nice jeans on! Can you believe the nerve of her? I happened to be in the middle of jean shopping (it can last anywhere from a few days to several weeks, depending on when I find a decent pair or give up). My mom happened to be with me, and we were both staring at her. Thank God no one else was in the office or they would have thought I was trying to get an awful close look at her butt - I was trying to read the label! Then, I looked at my mom, and I got the visual "I like those, too" look, so I asked the girl, "What kind of Lucky jeans are those?" (Yes, I had managed to read the label!) Well, she turned out to be really nice, and apparently they were Maggie's or Maddie's -- something that was way too low for bending, but it was a nice fleeting thought.

I liked her jacket, too. Granted she was nice, but I didn't want to weird her out, so I let the jacket thing go, but lucky for me, when I was leaving I saw her jacket on the hook. Out comes the shopaholic. I checked the label - Old Navy. Wow, I thought it was way more expensive than that...too short though, so why did I even look in the first place. The answer can only be that it is "the sickness," shopaholism.

No comments: